The Youth Action Gathering 2019
4 & 5 October in Moncton/Dieppe, New Brunswick
What is a YAG?
The Youth Action Gatherings (YAG) bring together immigrant and refugee youth from across Canada to share, learn and together strategize about how to address common challenges. The YAG is a space where newcomer youth across Canada build a community of support that persists even when they go back home.
Location of activities
October 3 – 5: Youth Action Gathering Venue:
Centre des Arts et de la Culture de Dieppe 331,
avenue Acadie, Dieppe NB, E1A 1G9
October 4th at 6pm: Afro-fest Gala:
750 Main St, Moncton, NB E1C 1E6
Hotel Wingate by Wyndham Dieppe, 69 Rue du Marche, Dieppe, NB E1A 9K3. Reservations: 844.854.8330
This is what the CCR Youth Action Gathering is all about!
Want to help?
- Promote the YAG to newcomer youth from 16 to 24 years old in your organization and your community so they can register
- Sponsor a youth directly from your community to attend the YAG
- Support the YAG with donations: *
- Sponsor the YAG: $3000
- Sponsor a social event: $2000
- Sponsor the Opening or Closing Plenary: $1000
- Sponsor a workshop: $500
- Sponsor a dinner or lunch: $500
- Contribute to CCR’s subsidy fund for youth transportation and accommodation: $500
- Any other financial or in-kind contribution that can be used for the event
To tell us how you want to help or for any questions, contact: Juliana Cortes at email@example.com or (514) 277-7223 ext. 3
Why do we organize the YAG?
Although the CCR Youth Network uses different forms of electronic communication, the distance that separates us can sometimes be a challenge to ongoing and effective engagement. What we need to continue our momentum is to meet face to face at the national level.
*All sponsoring organizations will:
- Be acknowledged in the YAG program
- Be acknowledged in the written material in participant conference kits.
- Be acknowledged for their support orally at the opening plenary.
- Be acknowledge in the YAG report and YAG website page.
- Have the possibility to have a display table (upon request)