Daniel Schickedanz’s belief in youth is rooted in his own experience that if given opportunity & support, youth can excel in their education and contribute to a positive social change in society. The Daniel Schickedanz Scholarship Award supports young people of refugee and/or migrant background in their efforts to pursue higher education. It encourages youth engagement within their local communities.
The Daniel Schickedanz Scholarship Award is facilitated through the collaborative efforts of Canadian Lutheran World Relief (CLWR) and the Canadian Council for Refugees (CCR).
The program will be in place for 10 years. The purpose of the program is to support young people as they:
- Play a role in creating positive social change, and
- Prepare to be active citizens promoting diversity and advocating for refugee and migrant rights.
- Ten scholarships will be available per year. Five (5) of them will be awarded on an educational basis and five (5) of them will be awarded on a community-engagement basis.
- Each scholarship is valued at $685.00 CAD in 2022.
- Applications open on August 15, 2022 and close on September 19, 2022.
- The CCR Youth Network Core Team will review the applications and select applicants based on the criteria below, along two streams: a) educational commitment and b) community engagement.
Submission and Deadline:
Applications will be accepted between August 15, 2022 and September 19, 2022.
- Submissions received after the deadline will not be considered.
- We will only consider complete applications.
- Only those selected will be contacted.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
The 10 recipients for the 2022 Daniel Schickedanz Scholarship have been selected and notified.
We encourage all youth refugees and newcomers to apply again for next year's 2023 Daniel Schickedanz scholarship!