- Permanent residence applications are often refused by IRCC for reasons of medical inadmissibility;
- Those refused include applicants with family members with disabilities;
- A disability is not a health condition,
- A disability is one of the grounds with Charter protection;
that the CCR:
- Take the position that people with disabilities should not be inadmissible for health grounds;
- Call upon IRCC to review Section 38 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the procedures and guidelines of medical inadmissibility for discriminatory content against persons with disabilities.