- Some provincial governments are refusing to provide social services, health services and benefits for Canadian children born to parents waiting for status;
- These Canadian children face discriminatory and arbitrary treatment that is counter to their fundamental rights;
Therefore be it resolved
That the CCR:
- Document the policies and practices of the different provinces in this area through its regional contacts;
- File complaints with the appropriate Human Rights Commissions (federal/provincial) to denounce these discriminatory practices of the provinces towards these Canadian children;
- In addition investigate possible international recourses with regard to the Convention on the Rights of the Child in order to file a complaint.