- Acquisition of language is key to the educational process;
- Adequate language funding in the school system is important to the future success of immigrant and refugee children;
- Current Ontario government policy only allow for three years of language support from the time of arrival in Canada;
That the CCR write to the Ontario Ministry of Education urging that eligibility for funding for language support:
- be extended to at least five years;
- be measured relative to the students' arrival in the Ontario school system to allow for adequate support for Canadian born children who start school without English skills and to allow for secondary migration from Quebec.