- The need for language training increases in communities affected by secondary migration;
- The new funding allocation model does not address the immediate training needs of newcomers now living in affected communities;
- These communities have long waiting lists for LINC classes;
Therefore be it resolved
That the CCR urge CIC to:
- Increase the overall amount of money available for immigrant services.
- Include a consideration of secondary migration in the calculation of the funding allocation formula.
Immigration and Settlement