What is the Private Sponsorship of Refugees Toolkit?
The toolkit is a practical web-based resource to provide information about private refugee sponsorship to groups across Canada.
The toolkit includes:
- Information about program options across the country
- Information about how to prepare an application for sponsors and refugees
- Resources for sponsors and refugees (both pre- and post-arrival)
- Links to other resources
- Information about national and local organizations offering support to sponsoring groups
This resource is primarily geared towards groups applying to privately sponsor refugees through a Group of 2 to 5 or Non-profit organization (in Quebec), or a Group of 5 or Community sponsor (in the rest of Canada). However, it also includes a lot of information relevant for other types of groups.
The Toolkit Table of Contents
Refugee sponsorship basics / Different program options to sponsor refugees / Finding a refugee match / Organizations and services
For Quebec: Organizations with an umbrella agreement / Group of 2 to 5 / Non-profit organization
For the rest of Canada: Sponsorship Agreement Holders / Group of 5 / Community Sponsor
Application forms for refugees / Who can be included in an application / Refugee eligibility and admissibility
Submitting the file / Processing / Interview / After the interview / Travel to Canada
Transportation loan / Finding help with settlement / Health / Permanent residence cards / Resources for refugee and sponsors / Family reunification / Travel ouside of Canada / Secondary migration and sponsorship breakdown
Connect with the CCR!
The CCR encourages sponsoring groups to become involved and work towards common advocacy goals by:
- Participating in CCR meetings and webinars
- Registering for the CCR Listserv (email list)
- Consulting materials created by the CCR about private sponsorship
- Joining the CCR's advocacy efforts
- Becoming a member of the CCR
To read more about other ways to get involved see here!