- IRPA is silent on the issue of statelessness which increases the vulnerability of stateless people;
- Current data collection systems of the government are inconsistent and ad hoc on statistics relating to statelessness;
Therefore be it resolved
That the CCR request that CIC and the IRB review their data management and reporting systems to ensure the accurate and timely collection and reporting of statistics relating to statelessness, in particular:
- refugee status determination hearings when statelessness was a factor (numbers, country of residence)
- H&C applications of stateless cases (numbers accepted, numbers rejected, countries of habitual residence)
- detention of stateless persons (length of detention, reason for detention, country of habitual residence, place of detention, age, gender)
- removals of stateless persons (including country of habitual residence, age, gender, country removed to).
- resettlement of stateless persons.