- The CCR has two resolutions on poverty Racialization of poverty (Res.: 1 , Nov 2016) and Poverty circumstances of Government-Assisted Refugees (Res.: 2 , Nov 2005)
- Federal, provincial and territorial government legislation and policies should be based on sound evidence (including, but not limited to demographic and user data) that is representative of the experiences of all residents of Canada;
- Publicly available census and other administrative data is not representative of all residents of Canada;
Therefore be it resolved
that the CCR call on federal, provincial and territorial governments to:
- Collect and make publicly available full access to disaggregated data;
- Ensure that legislation and policies that impact on poverty are informed by disaggregated data.
Immigration and Settlement