At the recent CCR consultation in Montreal, the Working Groups identified the following key action requests directed towards CCR members. Whether you were able to participate in the Consultation or not, please take a look at these suggestions for follow up.
Immigration and Settlement
- Work together with anti-poverty coalitions
- Raise awareness and do outreach with media and MPs to oppose conditional permanent residence: http://ccrweb.ca/en/conditional-permanent-residence-spouses
- Continue to engage in activities and campaigns in opposition to C-4 (ccrweb.ca/c4)
- Participate actively in the Refugee Interview Support Project (RISP - ottawarisp.ca).
- Consider participating in the renewed CCR detention network (email firstname.lastname@example.org).