Oppose the proposed “Conditional Permanent Residence” for sponsored spouses
Proposed “Conditional Permanent Residence” for sponsored spouses
- Meet with your Member of Parliament to express concern over the proposal: take along these background documents (two-page backgrounder, one-page summary) for your MP, and consult our tips for meeting with MPs
- Make the concerns known in the public and through the media.
- Meet with your provincial government and encourage them to voice opposition to this proposal to the federal government
- Write a letter (here is a model letter to use) to the Ministers of CIC and Status of Women, and to your MP
- Network with other settlement and women's organizations in your province to take on the issue
- Have your organization sign on to the joint statement opposing the proposal. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Create your own statement or press release in opposition to the proposal