- The conflict in the Sudan is over three decades old.
- Many Sudanese refugees languish in refugee camps in Kenya, Uganda and elsewhere in Africa.
- There is no imminent likelihood of these refugees repatriating to the Sudan.
- The majority of these refugees are youth with no opportunities for education past the secondary level.
- There is little opportunity for these youth to resettle to a third country.
That the CCR urge the Government of Canada, through consultations with other donor countries and international agencies, to develop a fund to provide educational opportunities, at the tertiary level, to Sudanese refugees in Kenya, Uganda and elsewhere in Africa.