- Racism and xenophobia, especially as directed towards immigrants and refugees, is alive and well in Canada;
- This is manifested through legislation, policy and practice and has a brutal and lasting impact on immigrants and refugees;
Therefore be it resolved
That the CCR:
- Ask the government to report periodically on how it is countering racism and xenophobia with specific attention to the impact on immigrants and refugees;
- Ask the government of Canada to establish an independent review body to review, with respect to racism and xenophobia, programs and policies that have a bearing on refugees and immigrants;
- Ask the federal and provincial governments to implement mandatory anti-racism training for all their employees.
Immigration and Settlement