- The CCR is committed by Resolution 1, May 2003 to working for a process of regularization of people without status;
- The CCR has been working for many months on a proposal for regularization;
Therefore be it resolved
That the CCR adopt as policy the Proposal for the regularization of individuals and families without status, as approved by the Working Group on Inland Protection, including the call to:
- Provide an opportunity for seasonal agricultural workers to apply for permanent residence, similar to the opportunity provided under the Live-In Caregiver Program;
- Introduce an adjustment of status program similar to that introduced in 1972, whereby anyone who was already in Canada by a date (e.g. two years prior) may apply for status.
- Eliminate processing fees for humanitarian cases.