- National Settlement Sector occupational competencies do not exist.
- No certification/accreditation body presently regulates settlement as a profession.
- Professionals in this sector provide services at par with other social service providers.
- There is an increasing burden on Settlement Practitioners to provide varied and in-depth services meeting provincial/federal reporting, evaluation and accountability requirements.
- CIC has promoted the notion of comparable services across provinces and regions.
Therefore be it resolved
That the CCR, in collaboration with other sector organizations, seek funding from appropriate sources and contingent upon securing appropriate resources, undertake a feasibility study on Professional Certification within the settlement sector.
Immigration and Settlement