- Overseas processing targets are inadequate, as reported in the “No Faster Way?” and “More than a Nightmare” documents, to meet demand in the family reunification and refugee sponsorship queues;
- Canada has an obligation to respond to the legitimate needs of Canadians, including its refugee sponsorship community and its separated families.
Therefore be it resolved
That the CCR:
- Urge the Government to review the 60/40 ratio in order to increase the numbers of Humanitarian class cases being processed.
- Urge the Government to establish and implement service standards for all immigration categories which are simple, fast (in less than 8-12 months) and accessible.
- Reaffirm a consistent application for all posts of the policy priorizing refugees.
Overseas Protection and Resettlement