- The Canadian government denies seasonal agricultural workers and foreign temporary workers the right to apply for permanent residence status through these programs;
- This right is available through the live-in caregiver program;
Therefore be it resolved
That the CCR demand:
- Access to secure permanent resident status for these workers and their families.
- Improved working and housing conditions for these workers.
- That provincial governments enforce the rights guaranteed to migrant workers under provincial employment and human right laws, rather than abdicating this responsibility to foreign governments.
Immigration and Settlement