- In the past when the immigration system has undergone a substantial change the government has allowed those caught up in the older system to receive landing under relaxed criteria;
- There are a substantial number of protection claimants caught up at various stages in the present immigration system;
- The Canadian Government is proposing a complete overhaul of the present system through Bill C-11;
- It is undesirable to burden the new immigration system with a substantial caseload from the old system;
Therefore be it resolved
That the CCR ask the Government of Canada, as part of the implementation of Bill C-11:
- To allow all those caught up in the present protection determination system at its various stages to apply for landing in Canada under relaxed criteria;
- That all decisions in response to these landing applications be made forthwith.