- Essential principles of access to refugee protection, due process, and fundamental justice are increasingly under attack in Canada and in other refugee-receiving countries.
- The government has indicated that it intends to reform the refugee determination process in Canada.
Therefore be it resolved
- The draft Essential Principles, as amended by the Working Group on Inland Protection, be approved in principle as the present position of the CCR.
- The Executive of the CCR be empowered to revise and amend the draft Essential Principles, taking into account feedback from the membership, insofar as such revisions and amendments are in accord with the principles and policies of the CCR.
- The CCR publicize the Essential Principles and encourage its members to do likewise.