- There are no minimum standards or process to address the educational gaps of refugee children and youth;
- Education standards vary from one school division/district and from one province to another;
Therefore be it resolved
That the CCR advocate for:
1. An education policy/strategy to address the gaps for refugee children and youth;
- A compulsory course in cross-cultural education for teachers in consultation with the CCR and service providers;
- Adequate funding for educating children and youth who have interrupted schooling.
Immigration and Settlement