- The live-in caregiver program currently requires workers to live in the employer’s home;
- Living in the employer’s home creates a greater possibility for sexual and labour exploitation;
- The program does not allow family members to accompany the worker until they fulfill their required hours, thereby leading to family separation for a minimum period of 2 years;
Therefore be it resolved
that the CCR request that:
- The "live-in” requirement be removed from the conditions of the program;
- Caregivers’ families be allowed to accompany them or join them in Canada at any point during their participation in the program.
Immigration and Settlement