What is the Private Sponsorship of Refugees Toolkit?
The CCR is in the process of developing a practical web-based resource to provide information about private refugee sponsorship to groups across Canada.
The toolkit includes:
- Information about program options across the country
- Information about how to prepare an application for sponsors and refugees
- Resources for sponsors and refugees (both pre- and post-arrival)
- Links to other resources
- Information about national and local organizations offering support to sponsoring groups
This resource is primarily geared towards groups applying to privately sponsor refugees through a Group of 2 to 5 or Non-profit organization (in Quebec), or a Group of 5 or Community sponsor (in the rest of Canada). However, it also includes a lot of information relevant for other types of groups.
Connect with the CCR!
The CCR encourages sponsoring groups to become involved and work towards common advocacy goals by:
- Participating in CCR meetings and webinars
- Registering for the CCR Listserv (email list)
- Consulting materials created by the CCR about private sponsorship
- Joining the CCR's advocacy efforts
- Becoming a member of the CCR
To read more about other ways to get involved see here!