The Canadian Council for Refugees (CCR) is seeking a committed individual for a six-month contract, potentially extendable to one year, to provide support to key areas of the organization’s work during a period of transition, as part of a dedicated and effective staff team.
The position is ideally full-time (35 hours per week) and based in Montreal, but adaptations could be considered for the right candidate (who must be living in Canada). There is also the possibility of a one-year contract.
Provide support for the Inland Protection Working Group and the Overseas Protection and Resettlement Working Group. This will include organizational and secretarial support for meetings, maintaining action plans, ensuring effective communications, and supporting follow up actions;
Take on other tasks as agreed from time to time to support the overall needs of the CCR.
- Good knowledge of refugee issues in Canada (ideally both refugee claimant and resettlement issues)
- Excellent organizational skills
- English/French bilingualism
- Experience in working with committees
- Good skills in understanding and articulating policy issues
- Ability to take initiative, adapt and collaborate with others, in response to evolving needs
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and platforms such as Zoom
- Demonstrated commitment to human rights, social justice, and anti-oppression
- 35 hours a week
- Based in Montreal (adaptations could be considered for the right candidate)
- Work in an office environment (CCR employees can choose mostly to work from home)
- Salary Range: $40,000 – $45,000 annual basis
- Three (3) weeks of vacation time during year of employment (1.5 week for a six-month contract)
- Personal & Sick Days
The CCR encourages applications from refugees, immigrants, people of colour, Indigenous and LGBTQIA+ people.
To be considered, candidates should apply through the form below no later than December 4, 2022. We welcome all applications but regret we are only able to respond to applicants invited for an interview.