Restaurants and cafés - Getting the most from downtown Toronto
Hotel: Marriott Courtyard Downtown Toronto, 475 Yonge St., Toronto ON M4Y 1X7
Dining close by
Situated in the heart of downtown, the area around the Courtyard by Marriot Toronto Downtown offers dozens of dining options. If you are in the mood for quick and easy, walk South along Yonge Street and you will find Bahn Mi Boys (399 Yonge) which has delicious Vietnamese sandwiches. Walk a few steps further towards Gould Street and you will find a group of food trucks that cater to the Toronto Metropolitan University population. Craving falafel? Just south of Dundas, you will find Paramount Foods, a great Middle Eastern restaurant that’s delicious and affordable. If you are still not satisfied, the food court at the Eaton Centre has all the usual fast food offerings and then some.
If you’re feeling a bit more adventurous and want to explore some nearby neighbourhoods, below are some places to visit. Make sure to check the menus online as there are a range of price points.
- Korea Town (Bloor west of Bathurst)
- Buk Chang Dong Soon Tofu – Unassuming spot cooking up spicy tofu hot pots & other Korean fare, including kimchi.
- Playa Cabana Barrio Coreano – Inventive outpost dishing up Mexican-Korean eats from kalbi beef tacos to calamari with kimchi.
- Korean Village Restaurant – Popular choice for Korean & Japanese fare including BBQ & sushi in an ornamented space with booths.
- Little Italy (College - Bathurst to Ossington)
- Sotto Voce Wine & Pasta Bar – Relaxed eatery serving up Italian favourites & wine by the glass in a venue with warm ambiance.
- Cafe Diplomatico Restaurant & Pizzeria – Family-run fixture with a bustling patio, serving breakfast, basic Italian fare & drinks until late.
- DaiLo – Bi-level, teal-&-gold Asian brasserie & snack bar with French-inspired Chinese fare & dim sum.
- Ossington Village (Ossington – Dundas to Queen)
- Union – Canadian-French bistro with a weekly menu of classics-inspired fare made from local ingredients.
- Mamakas – Welcoming Greek bistro like spot serving shared meze plates & main dishes like grilled lamb & seafood.
- The Lakeview – Historic diner with 24-hour brunch & stacked sandwiches, plus takeout at the adjoining storehouse.
- Historic Distillery District (Parliament St & Mill St – closed to traffic)
- El Catrin Destileria – Trendy, stylish restaurant with elevated Mexican small plates, many tequilas & a heated patio.
- Madrina Bar y Tapas – Classic & modern Spanish tapas plus sangria & cocktails in a stylish, stone- & wood-accented locale.
- Cluny Bistro & Boulangerie – Huge modern French bistro with updated classic fare & Gallic feel, from marble bar to tiled floors.