The CCR Youth Network is looking to establish a Youth Advisory Council with the goal of sharing responsibility for leadership and decision making among a group of dedicated and active youth and youth allies.
The purpose of this group would be to increase the diversity of representation among youth leaders in order to provide guidance on the CCR Youth Network and encourage greater participating within other processes of the CCR. The Youth Advisory Council (YAC) would regularly meet together to assist in making decisions on important issues in order to facilitate the work of the CCR Youth Network.
The CCR Youth Network is calling for nominations of youth and youth allies for the YAC and encourage youth and youth allies to apply!
YAC Nominee Criteria
- Commitment: The most important criteria of nominees to the YAC is that they are able to attend the regular meetings, as they are responsible for the decision making of the Council and the Network.
- Newcomer Experience-As the CCR Youth Network is made up of youth with different levels of newcomer experience, it is important that the nominee reflect this.
- Leadership Experience: Nominees must have some leadership experience in youth communities (such as within a religious group, family, school, sports team, work, etc.).
- Geographic Representation: The Nomination Committee is seeking diverse representation from different regions across Canada.
Responsibilities of the YAC
- Strategic Planning of the CCR Youth Network
- CCR Youth Network Campaigns
- Social Media
o Youth Action Gathering
o Speak Up
o Consultations – workshops, mentorship, etc.
o Personnel – Youth Ambassadors, selection processes, support of CCR Youth Coordinator
- * All YAC members will be required to sit on two committees.
Time Commitment of the YAC
- The YAC will meet once a month as a council to discuss overarching issues relating to the CCR Youth Network and to report on the activity of respective committees.
- At least one member of the YAC must be present at the Monthly CCR Youth Network Conference Call.
- Committees will meet as frequently as is necessary, and the time commitment for each varies according to the activity.
Want to join the Youth Advisory Council?
Youth or youth allies who are interested on being part of the YAC should submit their nomination including the following:
- A letter from the youth or youth ally explaining why they want to be a part of the YAC, and how they demonstrate leadership in their community and why they want to be part of the YAC.
- A letter of support (or the name and contact of a reference) from someone in their community.
Deadline to apply is April 26, 2014. For more information or if you have questions please contact Chloe Raxlen, firstname.lastname@example.org or (514) 277-7223 extension 3.