- Many refugees are people of colour who encounter systemic, institutional and financial barriers to full participation in CCR.
- Refugees and people of colour have played and continue to play a vital role in the CCR.
- The People of Colour Caucus provides a space where leadership by refugees and people of colour can be nurtured.
Therefore be it resolved
That the CCR:
- Officially recognize the People of Colour Caucus and provide a space for the caucus at all future consultations.
- Acknowledge and take practical steps to overcome the systemic barriers to full participation when planning future consultations.
Immigration and Settlement