- The CCR is committed to ensuring protection for all persons experiencing gender based violence;
- There are more than 1,000 missing and murdered First Nations, Inuit and Metis women and girls;
- First Nations, Inuit and Metis women and girls experience high levels of violence throughout Canada;
- The affected communities are calling for a national inquiry;
Therefore be it resolved
that the CCR call on the Canadian government to:
- Commit to and implement a National Action Plan that addresses the discrimination and inequalities facing Aboriginal women and girls.
- Establish a national inquiry to ensure this action plan is well informed and accountable.
Immigration and Settlement