- Islamophobia and racist discrimination that disproportionately target newcomer youth are growing;
- This discrimination is being amplified by new and existing federal legislation;
Therefore be it resolved
that the CCR:
- Calls on the federal and provincial governments to increase funding for newcomer youth services, and where applicable reverse recent funding cuts to these areas;
- Recognizes and promotes to member organizations youth engagement and youth-led programming, including by holding regular youth-directed information sessions and workshops to identify emerging issues and appropriate responses.
- Encourages members to respond to potentially harmful legislation and draw attention to the particular impacts on youth.
Immigration and Settlement