- Law enforcement agencies have been widely known to engage in the practice of asking for the immigration status of detained and non-detained individuals;
- There has been a CBSA presence during and after police raids;
- It is widely known that racial profiling is an established practice of law enforcement agencies;
Therefore be it resolved
That the CCR:
- Call for all relevant law enforcement agencies to adopt a “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” policy;
- Denounce racial profiling during raids in geographic areas that house immigrant and refugee communities.