- The CCR is concerned globally with the plight of refugees and refugee welfare in their area or place of refuge;
- Financial assistance provided by CIDA multilaterally to UN agencies and other coordinating bodies does not always result in improving the actual provision of material assistance (food, water, shelter, non-food items, etc.) to refugees;
Therefore be it resolved
That the CCR urge CIDA to:
- In addition to providing funding to UN agencies, continue to provide humanitarian funding directly to non-governmental implementing organizations providing material assistance directly to refugees;
- Remain aware of the effectiveness and positive impact of aid provided to refugees and displaced persons;
- Increase the proportion of Official Development Assistance (ODA) directed to humanitarian relief and development assistance going to refugee situations and protracted camp situations.
Overseas Protection and Resettlement