- There are evident disparities in processing of African refugees’ files in terms of waiting times, refusal rates and systematic DNA testing, in comparison to other regions;
- African refugee situations are among the most protracted in the world.
Therefore be it resolved
That the CCR:
- Request the Government of Canada establish an NGO-Government Committee on African refugee and immigrant issues to further monitor and document the situation and propose viable solutions;
- Seek collaboration on these issues with Canadian Council on International Cooperation (CCIC), especially the CCIC Africa Group;
- Once again request to be involved meaningfully in the Annual Levels Consultation process.
Overseas Protection and Resettlement