The mandate of the Canadian Council for Refugees Francophone Committee (FC) is to:
- Promote bilingualism and the inclusion of francophone members within the CCR
- Promote issues and challenges specific to francophone CCR member organizations through greater participation of francophone members within the CCR.
The committee's goals:
Regarding promotion of bilingualism and inclusion of francophones
- As part of the CCR's anti-oppression policy, work towards greater inclusions of francophone members, taking into account race, age, gender, sex and geographical representation.
- Ensure the improvement of bilingualism through better access in French to CCR services, events, meetings, tools and resources for francophone members.
- Ensure a greater presence and involvement of francophone members.
- Support the CCR Youth Network to have more francophone youth members.
Regarding participation of francophone members and issues and challenges specific to them:
- Provide advice, suggestion, expertise and support on issues related to the protection (overseas and Canada) and settlement in Canada of francophone immigrants and refugees through the CCR Working Groups and / or their respective Steering Committee.
- Ensure that the issues identified by the Working Groups include the specific issues and needs of francophone immigrants and refugees, and where appropriate propose to the Working Groups priorities and recommendations as a response to the issues identified.
- Ensure information sharing on member organizations' issues and best practices relating to francophone immigrants and refugees through FC meetings and other virtual meetings as needed.
To read the Terms of Reference of CCR's francophone committee: ccrweb.ca/en/francophone-committee
The FC is looking for 6 people for the elections to be held at the 2018 Fall consultation in Montreal:
- One person as the co-chair
- One person responsible for networking. This person does the liaison with the Membership Committee (subcommittee of the Executive Committee) and relays the suggestions and recommendations of the FC regarding the recruitment of francophone members.
- One person responsible for bilingualism and inclusion. This person does the liaison with the Executive Committee to relay the FC's suggestions for greater bilingualism and greater francophone inclusion.
- Three persons responsible for francophones issues in the three CCR Working Groups. These people do the liaison with each of the Working Groups so that the FC's priority issues are reflected in the CCR structure.
The FC will be logistically supported by the CCR office through the francophone outreach coordinator.
A nomination committee will be created and will be in charge of collecting applications following the September Working Group meetings.
Below, you will find an updated list of members of CCR's francophone committee. If you are a CCR member and wish to join the francophone committee, please contact Sandra Gasana at email@example.com