Take Action for Migrant Workers' Rights
Tell the government that migrant workers in Canada must have rights.
Migrant workers’ need work permits that are not tied to a single employer!
- Migrant workers’ work permits are tied to one employer: if they lose their job, they lose the right to be in Canada
- Migrant workers can only work for the employer that brought them to Canada – some are sent home if they complain or become injured or pregnant
- Tied work permits make migrant workers vulnerable to abuse because their status in Canada depends on their employer
- If migrant workers complain they can be fired and deported by their employer, so they often feel forced to endure abuse
- If a migrant worker loses their job, they find themselves homeless, jobless and without legal status in Canada
- Denying migrant workers the right to change jobs makes them more vulnerable to situations of human trafficking
Sign the petition from CMWRC: http://migrantrights.ca/en/take-action/#email