Toolkit: Promoting and Raising Awareness on Refugee Rights
Best for: engagement, networking, outreach, partnerships
- Pages: A Linkedin page are the equivalent to a Facebook page, and a Showcase Page is ideal to promote tools and resources related to Refugee Rights Day.
- How you’re connected: offers the opportunity to see how you are connected to an organization or an individual through Linkedin. This tool is particularly useful for connecting with MPs and their staff, volunteers, policy makers, and the private sector for strategic partnerships.
Best for: visual storytelling, engagement, outreach
- Instagram stories: similar to Facebook live broadcasting, Instagram stories can be used to answer questions, make announcements, update your followers; live document an event, and give your supporters a behind the scenes look at your work and team. Instagram stories disappear after 24 hours, but can be saved on your electronic devices. More informations on Instagram stories here
Best for: awareness, public education and storytelling
- YouTube Nonprofit Program: Grants available for grassroots organizations and nonprofits for video production support
- Playlists: Grouping related videos together as playlists helps create video series based on a specific subject. You can also curate videos from other organizations’ channels that relate to your work.
- Subscribe button: Always invite your viewers to subscribe to your YouTube channel, that way; they will get a notification every time you upload a video to your channel.
For more resources on LinkedIn, Instagram and Youtube, including strategy, hashtags, tools and pratical advice, click here.