- About Us
- Media Room
- The Issues
- Take Action
- Youth Network
In November 2003, the CCR endorsed by resolution the following Client Code of Service Rights. The CCR encourages its use by member organizations.
- You have the right to receive services in a trusting, respectful and supportive environment free of any form of discrimination or harassment.
- You have the right of privacy and confidentiality and to disclose only what you believe is necessary at any given time.
- Staff limits of confidentiality include: the requirement to report incidents of child abuse, to comply with a court ordered subpoena and to prevent harm.
- The file is the property of [Agency name] and you have the right to review it and make comments if you disagree with the contents of the file.
- You make decisions about your needs and goals.
- You have the right to refuse services at any time or to request service from an alternate person.
- You have the right to receive accurate, complete and timely information.
- You have the right to a safe, fair and transparent complaint process when you feel that your rights have been violated.