Join the Canadian Council for Refugees (CCR) in calling on parliamentarians to take action to protect the rights of trafficked persons in Canada! Here are some ways you can give support:
As an organization:
- Promote the Proposal. Letters to the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration urging adoption of the proposal are very helpful. Does your organization have a meeting coming up with a Member of Parliament? If so, could you include the Proposal on the agenda of the meeting?
- Join with the CCR in an informal coalition to exchange information and coordinate strategies on trafficking. If your organization is active or planning to be active on trafficking issues, this would be a good way of keeping in touch and providing mutual reinforcement of efforts. For more information, contact Colleen French at the CCR, email@example.com
As an individual:
- Encourage organizations that you are involved with to endorse the Proposal. This is important to emphasize that there is a wide range of organizations supporting it.
- Promote the Proposal.
- Write a letter to the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration urging adoption of the Proposal.
- Share the Proposal and other CCR materials about protecting the rights of trafficked persons in Canada at community events.