The Canadian Council for Refugees is offering funding to assist two or three refugees in participating in three CCR meetings in 2010. The funding will cover air/train fare to the meetings and accommodation (but not other costs such as food or ground transportation). The registration fee will be waived.
The relevant CCR meetings over the next year are:
- 26-27 February 2010 (working group meetings), Toronto
- Late May/early June (spring consultation), Ottawa
- Late November (fall consultation), Calgary
- Be people who have had the experience of being a refugee.
- Be affiliated with an organization that is a CCR member.
- Have the time to attend 3 CCR meetings over the course of the year.
- Fill in and submit the application form, together with a letter of support from their organization, by Thursday 17 December 2009.
The CCR will use the following criteria in making the selection:
- ability to contribute to the CCR (this will be the main criterion).
- evidence of an ongoing commitment to participation in the CCR.
- the interest of the person in preparing for a leadership position within the CCR (demonstrated by application to the Refugee Leadership Development Program)
- attendance at a prior CCR meeting considered an asset (except in cases where the applicant has not had an opportunity to attend a CCR meeting)
- financial need
- gender balance
- ethnic diversity
- gaps in representation within the CCR (e.g. a particular community or region that is not at present active within the CCR)
- promotion of youth participation
Please circulate this information to people that might be interested in applying.
(Note you can also use the MSWord version.)
Gender: Female / Male
Are you 25 years old or younger? Yes / No
Name of CCR member organization to which you are affiliated:
Have you had the experience of being a refugee?
Which refugee community or communities do you consider yourself to represent?
What is your past involvement in refugee or settlement issues (eg. volunteer work, community activism, advocacy on cases or issues)?
The Refugee Participation Fund is intended for people who cannot otherwise afford to attend CCR meetings. Please explain your financial need.
Do you understand that the Amina Malko Fund will cover only your air/train fare and shared hotel accommodation, and that you must arrange with your organization for the other costs (e.g. meals, ground transportation)?
Which CCR meetings have you attended? Please comment on the meeting(s) you attended?
If you have never attended a CCR meeting, please explain why.
Can you commit to participating in 3 meetings of the CCR over the next year?
Please explain briefly why you are interested in participating in the CCR. Which issues are of particular interest to you?
How do you plan to use what you learn/gain from attending the CCR meetings?
Are you applying to the Refugee Leadership Development Program?
Name and contact information of a reference person (preferably someone who knows the CCR):
In addition to the form, you must submit a letter from your organization confirming that they support your participation and will cover expenses not covered by the CCR. The letter should also state what they see as the benefits of your attending the CCR.
Please submit the completed application form and letter from your organization by Thursday 17 December 2009
Email firstname.lastname@example.org, Fax 514-277-1447, Mail 6839A Drolet #302, Montréal QC, H2S 2T1.