YAG 2015 travel subsidies application
Call for Applications – Travel Subsidies for Newcomer Youth
YAG 2015, Vancouver, 3-4 October 2015
The Canadian Council for Refugees is pleased to be able to offer some funding to assist newcomer youth from across Canada in participating in the Youth Action Gathering (YAG) in Vancouver, 3-4 October. For more information about the YAG, go to ccrweb.ca/en/youth/meetings
You live in British Columbia?
The Vancouver Foundation may be able to assist you. Fill in this form: ccrweb.ca/en/YAG-travel-bc
You live outside British Columbia? Keep reading...
To qualify, you must:
- Be between 16 and 25 years old.
- Have experience as a newcomer to Canada
- Be available to travel to Vancouver for the YAG and committed to participate fully in the YAG if funded.
- Submit your application by Tuesday 8 September 2015 (sooner is better).
We will support as many youth as we can, but priority will be given to applicants who are one or more of the following:
- You are a racialized immigrant or refugee.
- You are engaged with newcomer youth locally and will bring your experiences at the YAG to your community. (You could include a letter of support)
- You are an active member of the CCR Youth Network.
- You have experience as a CCR youth ambassador, or have participated in a CCR Speak up or photovoice project.
- You are committed to continue to participate actively in the CCR Youth Network after the YAG.
- You will play a leadership role (e.g. facilitate a workshop) at the YAG.
- You have raised part of the funding for your travel but need help with the rest.
- You are from a region that will not otherwise be represented at the YAG.
- You have knowledge of the diverse experiences of refugee and immigrant youth.
We encourage two (or more) youth from the same community to apply because it can be easier to do follow up if youth can support each other.
Notes on funding
- Funding can cover air travel, ground transportation, hotel accommodation in Vancouver and meals during travel. During the YAG meals are included.
- Youth funded will be responsible for booking their own travel. CCR will reimburse expenses on presentation of receipts up to agreed amount. (Exceptions may be possible if this would present a problem).
- Youth who are under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
Please provide complete application (including budget and the precise cost of the expenses you need covered). If you need help with completing your budget, please contact Catheryne Gagnon (email@example.com)
If you are planning on bringing a youth under 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the consent forms that will need to be signed.