- About Us
- Media Room
- The Issues
- Take Action
- Youth Network
Join the CCR and other allies in raising public awareness of the impacts that Bill C-4 would have on refugees in Canada, and working to ensure that it does not become law.
- Sign the statement against Bill C-4.
- Communicate your opposition to Bill C-4 to the government and to your local Member of Parliament
- Publicize your organization's opposition to Bill C-4 through the media, in your newsletter, on your website, at meetings, etc.
- Organize a public forum.
- Promote through your networks the suggestions below for individuals.
- Collect signatures for the petition against C-4 (see details about petitions).
- Write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper
- Meet with or write to your Member of Parliament (see model text and suggestions available below). Urge Conservative Members to have the Bill withdrawn and opposition party Members to vote against the bill.
- Speak to groups that you belong to about the unfairness of Bill C-4 and how it punishes refugees, and urge them to take the actions suggested above for organizations.
|Tips on contacting your MP||32.5 KB|
|Collect petition signatures to present to your MP||53.5 KB|
|Meet with your MP - notes||37.45 KB|
|Write to your MP - postcard||190.67 KB|