Action requests to members, May 2015
Immigration and Settlement
- CCR members to use CCR's letter to CIC in response to 2015 settlement funding cuts to MPs to bring this to light in advance of federal elections.
- CCR members to support Migrant Workers Alliance for Change campaign for migrant workers right to remain in Canada.
- CCR members who have youth programming to hold regular youth-directed information sessions and workshops to identify emerging issues and appropriate responses, with particular respect paid to potentially harmful legislation.
Overseas Protection and Sponsorship
- Participate in CCR Lobby day in September using the PSR document (Canada’s Private Sponsorship of Refugees Program: Proud history, Uncertain future)
- SAHs please collaborate with information about refusals as requested by CCR in follow up to survey on refusals.
- CCR is taking part in CIC evaluation of resettlement programs: SAHs encouraged to communicate with Janet to have unified messages on the evaluation.
- Become a Friend of the CCR (monthly donor) or make a one-time donation to the CCR.
- Use the CBSA complaint mechanism
- Organize an event for World Refugee Day on June 20th, using resources on CCR website (http://ccrweb.ca/en/refugee-walk).
- Join Doctors for Refugee Care country-wide protests on June 15th.